Competition concept. 1-st prizeOrganizer:
Department of Architecture, Urban Planning and Regulation of Land Relations of the Ekaterinburg City Administration.Address:
Ekaterinburg, Park of Culture and Leisure "Zelenaya roshcha" 2018Description:
The concept was made on the basis of a draft design for the improvement of the Zelenaya Grove park, based on the round outlines of recreation areas and playgrounds proposed by the authors of the project. Round and plastic forms are the most organic for the park and unobtrusively complement the natural naturalness of the landscape.
Based on the example of international experience in urban and park design, an analysis was carried out, interesting and modern landscape techniques were found, and the following principles formed the basis of the design concept:
- Innovation, the creation of a bright and recognizable design idea - an image of a landscape that helps to attract attention and mentions in social networks, thereby stimulating people to visit this park.
- Rejection of outdated architectural forms with obvious symmetry, regularity, monotony of materials - associated with the Soviet era, the park of the 21st century must be different from the park of the 20th century, just like all previous centuries, otherwise people do not feel progress and change.
- The use in the project of the maximum possible replacement of classic vertical lanterns-masts, with landscape lighting - integrated into benches, art objects, the use of lighting trees from below, lighting paths at the level of the feet, not the face, etc. The meaning of this is not to blind people's eyes with monotonous lanterns that only interfere - but to create light, as part of the landscape, where possible.
- The use of awnings or cable awnings to protect people from the sun and rain, both in playgrounds and in recreation areas.
- Fragmentary use of bright colors from a warm range, contrasting with greenery in summer and snow in winter. Bright warm colors, in addition to the aesthetic effect, also affect the mood of people in the winter, bringing a bright visual variety and relieving depression.